As we approach the summer 2023 tourism season it is important to continue to maintain COVID safe behaviours to protect the wellbeing of yourself, your staff and your clients.
You can minimise the spread of infectious diseases by following the below advice for workplaces from the Department of Health and WorkSafe Tasmania websites.
- Keep informed about the COVID-19 risk level
- Review and update your risk assessment
- Display COVID-19 safety information
- Remind staff who test positive to COVID-19 to report their result
- Remind staff who are close contacts to notify you and ensure they wear a mask in indoor settings
- Decide if you need to notify WorkSafe Tasmania when staff contract COVID-19
- Maintain effective respiratory hygiene practices and cleaning of your workplace
- Plan to manage outbreaks if your workplace is considered a high-risk or priority setting
- Maintain business continuity plans to cover the increased risk of worker absences
More information is available on the Department of Health website.
You can also contact the Public Health Hotline on 1800 671 738, and WorkSafe Tasmania on 1300 366 322 or email email@example.com.