Are you considering taking on an apprentice?
Master Builders Tasmania is a Group Training Organisation (GTO) registered with the state government, this enables members who have previously been reluctant to take on an apprentice achieve that goal.
Our GTO is designed to take the hassle out of being an employer, making it easier to engage an apprentice while not taking on the concerns of employing an apprentice directly.
What does this mean for you?
- We do all the advertising, interviewing and carry out pre-employment checks and pre-employment medicals
- Handle all the time-consuming tasks associated with employee costs;
- Apprentice wages
- Annual leave
- Training fees and training days
- Workers compensation
- Sick leave – (our hourly charge out rate means you pay for the apprentice per hour they are on site with you, therefore you are not charged when your apprentice has a sick day, RDO, Tafe day, or is on annual leave)
- Complete apprenticeship training contracts and lodge all relevant documentation with Skills Tasmania
- Provide basic PPE gear