North West Forum
23-June @ 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM AEST
Earn 6 CPD Points for the FULL DAY.
Session 1 – Master Builders eDocs Training
9am – 12pm
• How to get the most from our eDocs platform
• Progress payment options – stage payments or value of work complete payments? which to use?
• The importance of correctly filling in all sections of a contract
• Why and when to use special conditions in a contract
• Why you must nominate an amount for late completion damages
• How to correctly issue the notice of practical completion
Session 2 – NCC Updates
1pm – 2pm
• NCC 2022 – Overview of proposed changes (excluding Energy Efficiency & Condensation)
– Proposed provisions relating to accessible housing
– Quantification of performance requirements
– Bushfire protection for non-residential buildings
– Waterproofing – floor wastes & falls in floors
• Installation of insulation products – what are the NCC requirements?
• Skylights / roof lights – installation requirements
• Balustrades / barriers – how to measure heights
Session 2 – Material Shortages and Trade Price Increases
2pm – 4pm
• Can you add a rise & fall clause to a fixed price contract?
• Your options to increase price when commencement date is not met
• How to claim extensions of time
• What are the Security of Payment requirements to make sure you are paid
• Progress claims, discussion on options available